2018 NILE Scholarship Application Now Available
The Northern International Livestock Exposition (NILE) Scholarship Program funded by the NILE Foundation, is now accepting applications for scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Since 1990, the NILE has awarded scholarships to deserving FFA and 4-H students that have been actively involved in their respective programs and communities, excelled in the classroom, and participated in NILE events.
Similar to previous years, the NILE Scholarship Committee will be awarding five levels of scholarships.
• High School One Time Scholarship - Awarded to high school seniors that meet the qualifications listed in the guidelines.
• Secondary One Time Scholarship - Offered will also be a one-time grant, for students already enrolled in College or a Vo-Tech school meeting the qualifications.
• Shining Star: All qualified applicants are eligible. This scholarship is for an applicant that stands out in the crowd.
• Needle In The Haystack – This scholarship will be awarded to any NILE scholarship applicant if they attend Stetsons & Stilettos in May 2018. The winner will be randomly drawn that night.
• Rolling Scholarship - The rolling scholarships will be offered to a select group of High School Seniors who will have the opportunity to renew the scholarship yearly, up to four years of their secondary education. Recipients of rolling scholarships will be chosen from the pool of applicants that are current seniors in High School.
Each year the NILE touches the lives of nearly 10,000 youth through its many youth programs, events, "live" animal scholarships, and college scholarships. Every year the NILE Foundation provides over $55,000 in cash and live animal scholarships.
Scholarship applications and guidelines can be found on the NILE's website, or by contacting the NILE Office at 406-256-2495. Applications must be submitted to the NILE Office by March 1, 2018 at 5 p.m. (postmarked March 1st will not be accepted). Applications incomplete or late will not be considered. Scholarships will be awarded and announced in early April 2018.
That's your Land and Livestock Report-I'm Russell Nemetz.